IWC Self Synchronization maintains an outreach presence on publicly accessible web sites. These venues are designed to reach IWC stakeholders in the broadest possible fashion. However, the global reach of the internet requires special precautions be taken when posting information.
The following types of information shall not be posted to any publicly accessible web sites, including social network sites where IWC Self Synchronization has a presence, such as Facebook:
- Information that is for official use only (FOUO). This type of information would pose an unacceptable risk, especially in electronically aggregated form. While records containing FOUO information will normally be marked at the time of their creation, records that do not bear such markings shall be assumed to contain FOUO information.
- Analysis and recommendations concerning lessons learned which reveal sensitive military operations, exercises or vulnerabilities.
- Reference to unclassified information that would reveal sensitive movements of military assets or the location of units, installations, or personnel where uncertainty regarding location is an element of military plan or program.
- Personal information including compilations of names of personnel assigned to overseas, sensitive, or routinely deployable units.
- Names, locations, and specific identifying information about family members or military personnel and employees.
- Technical information that can be used or be adapted for use to design, engineer, produce, manufacture, operate, repair, overhaul, or reproduce any military or space equipment or technology concerning such equipment.